As I'm writing this post, I know it's *technically* still November (only for a few more days!), but I'm already super excited about Christmas! Our tree is up, the pumpkins are gone and I'm panic buying gifts. I used to love tags back in the day (are they still a thing?), so I found a few one online, mixed them together and I'm bringing back the tags!
1. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
My favourite Christmas film is Home Alone 2! It just makes me even more desperate to visit New York, especially around Christmas. I also love The Holiday - there's just something about it that just makes it the perfect film.
2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
I think we did once when I was a kid? Not since I was little though... maybe this year!
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
We usually spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family. We usually stay over on Christmas Eve at my parents' house, then stay there until Boxing Day!
4. What's your favourite Christmas song?
'All Alone On Christmas' by Darlene Love. Either that or 'Somewhere In My Memory' from Home Alone!
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No! That's not allowed!
6. Can you name all 6 of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen? Oh, and Rudolph, of course! I actually didn't Google the answer to this, although I did ask B 2 questions:
1. Is it Donner or Donna? and 2. Is Donald the name of a reindeer?
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
Being able to spend more time with my friends and family on the build up to Christmas, because obviously we couldn't do that last year! Fingers crossed we don't have further restrictions though...
8. IS YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE REAL OR FAKE?
Fake! We've never had a real one. I think they look really cute, but I think the needles would drive me insane. Also, I'm not sure how Nora would deal with a real tree, other than trying to eat it!
9. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE HOLIDAY FOOD/TREAT/SWEET?
Christmas dinner is just so much better than an average roast! We don't eat a lot of roast dinners at home cause, to be honest, it's so much effort just for the two of us. Also it makes the Christmas dinner that much nicer! My favourite treat/sweet is all of the Christmas chocolates - specifically mint Matchmakers and the strawberry one in a Roses tin.
10. BE HONEST. DO YOU PREFER GIVING OR RECEIVING GIFTS?
I love giving gifts and seeing people's reactions, although gift buying/giving in general really stresses me out!
11. WHAT'S THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
Either when B surprised me with a trip to Disneyland Paris on our second Christmas together, or when my parents surprised us all with a trip to Mexico over new year! I love getting trips as gifts so that you can enjoy spending time together and making memories.
12. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM PLACE TO VISIT FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON?
New York or Walt Disney World!
13. ARE YOU A PRO PRESENT WRAPPER OR DO YOU FAIL MISERABLY?
I LOVE wrapping presents and take it very seriously with bows, ribbons and a strict colour scheme!
14. WHAT'S YOUR MOST MEMORABLE CHRISTMAS MEMORY?
Being a child and waking up on Christmas morning, feeling SO excited and running down the stairs shouting, "He's been!"
15. WHAT MADE YOU REALISE THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRISTMAS?
I actually can't remember? Maybe someone told me at school? No idea.
16. WHAT MAKES THE HOLIDAYS SPECIAL FOR YOU?
Spending time with friends and family, doing fun things like ice skating and bowling and just the general feeling of excitement!
17. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A HUGE SURPRISE ON CHRISTMAS DAY?
When I was around 10/11, I asked for a computer for Christmas and my little sister Megan asked for a bike. We'd opened all of our presents, then a little while later my parents asked us to go into the conservatory to turn on the Christmas lights. When we turned them on, there was a computer and bike wrapped up for us! I remember feeling so excited and shocked.
18. WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT CHRISTMAS?
Like I said earlier, I hate the stress of finding the perfect gifts for everyone! And the pressure of spending lots of money to show people how much you care about them/not being able to treat people as much as you would love to.
19. WHAT TOPS YOUR TREE - A STAR OR AN ANGEL?
A star! We've always had a star, I think.
20. AS A KID, WHAT WAS THE ONE CRAZY/WILD/EXTRAVAGANT GIFT YOU ALWAYS ASKED FOR BUT NEVER RECEIVED?
21. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANYONE AT YOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
I would DEFINITELY invite Taylor Swift (my fave!), Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively (what a gorgeous couple!) I would also love to have my auntie there, who unfortunately is no longer with us.
22. WHAT DOES CHRISTMAS DAY USUALLY LOOK LIKE FOR YOU?
When we were kids, my sister and I would wake each other up really early and go and wake my parents up before running downstairs to open our presents. Now that we're older, we usually either wake up at theirs or at our own houses, have a bacon barm (which is tradition!) and then open our presents from each other. It's a much slower, chilled affair these days! Then the rest of the family come round and we take turns opening presents again. Then we get 'properly ready' and have our Christmas lunch. After that I usually end up falling asleep (I try not to, but it always happens!) before we play some board/card games with a few drinks and a little buffet of nibbles!
23. DO YOU PREFER THE BUILD UP TO CHRISTMAS OR CHRISTMAS DAY ITSELF?
As a child, I would have always said Christmas Day, but as an adult I definitely prefer the build up! It's so festive and busy and everyone's excited. I get stressed about presents, but it's always so worth it when everything's done and you can enjoy seeing people's reactions. I always feel a bit sad on Christmas Day because it's all over!
24. WHEN DO YOUR DECORATIONS GO UP?
Our decorations always go up at the end of November! My parents always put theirs up on 1st December - I used to insist they were always up before my birthday on 5th.
25. WHO DO YOU TAG NEXT?
I'm not sure if any of these people have done anything similar to this, but I tag The Yorkshire Dreamer, Beth Louise Blogs, Sunshine Sarah and Claire Mac.